26 April 2017
At the Adoption Centre we currently have a lot of mature cats looking for their forever homes. Adopting an older cat really makes a huge difference to their, and your, life!
These are just a few reasons
- An adult cat's personality has already developed, so you'll know if he or she is a good fit for your family.
- An adult cat may very well already know basic household etiquette (like not attacking your feet at night). In particular, senior cats are often already litter trained and are less likely to "forget" where the box is.
- An adult cat won't grow any larger--well, as long as it doesn't eat too much!--so you'll know exactly how much cat you're getting.
- Adult cats are often content to just relax in your company, unlike younger cats, who may get into mischief because they're bored. Adult cats also make great napping partners!
- Adult cats are harder to find homes for, and generally the older the cat, the harder it is to rehome. When you adopt a senior cat, you're truly saving a life.
- Cats are living longer! With advances in veterinary care and more protective and informed owners cats can expect to live way into their teens quite happily, so taking on an older cat doesn’t mean you will have to say your goodbyes too soon; you could have many, many happy years of love and fuss ahead for both of you!
- Adult cats generally settle into their new environments easier, as they have done it all before!
Why not make a real difference today! The Adoption Centre is open 11am - 3pm every day